The kit contains the following items:
1) 10% potassium iodide solution (red)
2) Ammonium molybdate solution (green)
3) Sodium thiosulfate solution (blue)
4) Indicator solution (yellow)
5) Sample containers
7) Test tube
Instructions for Use
1) Fill in the sample container with test sample by index mark
2) Mix twenty drops of potassium iodide (KI 10%) to twenty drops of ammonium molybdate and add two drops of indicator solution and put the lid and shake it firmly. Let the sample remain for five minutes to see a purple color. Then continue the experiment in one of the two ways on the basis of color intensity.
A) Light Purple: low concentration from 0.2 to 1.0 milligram in liter (0.2 to 0.1 pmm)
Transfer the content of sample container to a 50-milliliter erlen and drop add sodium thiosulfate while shaking till it goes purple. Record the number of drops.
Each drop of sodium thiosulfate is equal to 0.2 milligram/litter (ppm) of Nanosil.
B) Dark Purple: high concentration from 0.5 to 20.0 milligram/liter
Fill the test tube with the sample in Para 2 and transfer it to 50-milliter erlen; drop add sodium thiosulfate while shaking to turn purple. Record the number of drops.
Each drop of sodium thiosulfate is equal to 0.5 milligram/litter (ppm) of Nanosil.